- Minecraft 1.8 Banner Update:
So trivial and unexpected, yet highly awesome. I wasn’t expecting banners to be added into Minecraft, thinking it was for a mod or some YouTuber’s channel as some special gift. Quite nice that you can add nice banners into PVE & PVP settings. Now if there is a nice red and white themed one I shall be using it happily.
If there are any cool simplified national ones then I can happily make monuments and buildings for them just for the fun of it. Something so simple that now spawned ideas for loads of creations. Has neat uses for those that are deep into Minecraft. Now I’m hoping you can at the very least customize them in a similar fashion to player skins, though that might be highly unlikely.
- Example of Usage:
- Pirate banner: Placed next to Guardian monuments
- Creeper banner: Placed along unguarded roads as creeper crossing warnings. Also can be used on my planned Creeper Inc building that’s been waiting to be built for years now.
- Blue symbol with black: Used to signify strong-holds, or as villager’s tribal flags.
- Trading Post flags: I have a trading post set up just outside Gouka. Having these banners there should prove eye-catching to show interested people.
- United Arcticu Building: A take on the UN building I once had. Could hold all the flags of people’s settlements in this one building while seeing their displays, if they choose to do such.
- Arcticu City Main road bannering: I can line the main garden row of Arcticu CIty with these as I was planning to add flags. These lining the road should make it more catchy, or so I believe.
I’m now curious if I can have a Canadian, Japanese, Shinki Renge, and anime influenced banners, and if they can be customized or not. Proper anime ones at that….Guess we’ll see when it releases in a snapshot and/or more information spills.
I’m keeping my eye on the Minecraft bug trackers to find out that skilled people found a way to fix, or mend the boat de-sync issue. If they can do it then I’m sure Mojang can fix it in a day or two on their side. My inbox keeps being updated almost on a daily basis with people giving each other unofficial fixes on how to mend boat desyncs on their servers. Mojang, fix it already for the 1.8 Guardian hunting season!